Jenny & Kyle

Saturday September 19, 2015

From every bride to every wedding day, my experience as a wedding photographer is always so different and so exciting.  When I met Jenny and Kyle a few years ago I could feel their excitement at our initial consultation.  Jenny was a planner but I never imagined that she would design such a perfect wedding.  I always admire event planners and people who take such care and pride in the small little details that sometimes get overlooked by the ambiance of the grand day.  Jenny and Kyle created a wedding that was fun, modern, a hint of tradition, but most of all true to the love they share for each other.
Our first stop was to the couple's home where we were greeted by the cheerful groom, Kyle and his entourage of pals sipping orange juice and snacking on McDonalds.  It was a typical crowd of boys hanging out, telling jokes and maybe throwing an egg or two and someone in particular. It was a fun way to be entertained and to start our day.
Terine (my wonderful assistant for the day) and I arrived at Jenny's mom's house shortly after.  I was greeted by the beautiful, Amber, the amazing hair stylist who was about to place the delicate veil into Jenny's head.  The veil was a perfect "something old" as it was her mother's veil.  Happy tears filled the room as Jenny sat in her white satin robe and adorable slippers while the last minute touches were done.

Kyle, the sweet romantic, arranged to have Jenny's "something new" presented to her moments before she stepped into her wedding gown.  Kyle's accomplice was Jenny's stunning sister, Kristin.  Very sneaky!!!
Jenny looked gorgeous as she stepped into her beautiful wedding gown.  She sparkled with excitement and looked absolutely gorgeous!


Jenny has incredible eyes and is so beautiful inside and out that it's hard to not fall in love with her.  She was my fabulous model for the day.  Thank you so much for your grace, beauty and genuine elegance, you are an amazing person and it was a pleasure to be a part of this amazing day.



I met Jenny and Kristin a few years ago and I can't thank you both enough for your continued support.  As a mom of 2 girls, I admire your sisterhood relationship.  It is a true gift to have your sister be your maid-of-honor and your forever BFF.  Jenny was showered with lots of love from her girlfriends, family and her mother before we headed off to the ceremony.



Jenny and Kyle were married in her Father's wonderful backyard.  They chose a unique tree-planting ceremony where they combined the soil from their childhood homes to be the foundation and support for their brand new baby tree.  A symbol of starting their new lives together.
After the wedding and family photos we headed to the amazing Gobert Farm to photograph the couple and the wedding party.  A special thank you to the Gobert Family for allowing us to come on your property to photograph such a historical treasure.  It was a truly amazing day from the warm sunny weather to a fun-filled group of friends.  We had a great time.


Thank you to my wedding couple, Jenny and Kyle.  I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have a couple who would be photographed in blistering snow, a hot-humid beach, and then to spend their entire wedding day with me.......you both are AMAZING!  I loved every moment working with you both and I wish you many years of fun, happiness, safe travels........and tons of dancing, flash-mob style.


Our night ended with one of the best receptions I have ever attended.  This is where the planning and attention to detail was essential and they pulled it off.  As the evening began we were introduced to the wedding party with a fun and creative video, it was like watching the Academy of Awards.....I was in heaven!  The evening continued with a delicious dinner, music, heart-warming speeches and dancing.  Jenny decided to have a giant group dance party to celebrate and even her grandmother joined in.  It was so wonderful to see all of these family members and friends singing, smiling and truly celebrating the wedding of Jenny and Kyle.  A perfect moment we could not forget.

Congratulations!

My Favourite Photo!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful as always..Jocelyne (my neice) is always amazing me with her beautiful art..congrats to the beautiful couple..huggzz

    ReplyDelete