Becky & Brad

Saturday September 12, 2015

I met Becky and Brad only a few months ago.  Within minutes of spending time with them I felt like I was one of their friends.  They both have such a fun and easy charisma that I knew photographing their wedding would be a ton-of-fun, and it was.
I was so fortunate to have the opportunity to have the talented, Miss Whitney be my second shooter for the day.  Not only was she our personal stylist and stunt driver for the day but she brought a fresh new eye of photography to the event, thank you!
We arrived at Becky's home to see her adorable son sleeping soundly in his swing with the sounds of laughter from the kitchen as the girls got their hair done.  Becky looked so beautiful stepping into her wedding gown as her mother helped her with the last minute details.
A special Thank You to my past wedding clients, Andie & Dave and Fawn & Mark for your incredible referrals.  It was great to see you both and I am so thankful for introducing me to this amazing couple.

Becky and Brad shared their "first look" at the Stonewall Quarry Park.  I forgot how picturesque this place is with it's beautiful pond, trees & limestone towers.
Becky was so adventurous as she climbed up the rocks in her wedding dress to be photographed.  I thought to myself, "this girl is fabulous!"

We spent the early afternoon together as we photographed the couple at the quarry and the local fire hall where Brad is a volunteer firefighter.
Brad looked awesome in his pale grey suit and sporting his country boy charm with his fireman socks, aviator sunglasses and cowboy hat.


When Brad told me that his family had a love of classic cars, I had no idea what to expect.  I was overwhelmed and happily surprised.  We arrived at his grandparents home where his grandfather showed me his collection of vintage cars and one-by-one other members of their family drove into the yard in sleek, classic cars with the sunlight sparkling off the perfectly-polished chrome.  It was like a movie.  I was just waiting for the General Lee to come bursting out of Grandpa's shed.
Becky and Brad were married by a close family friend in a beautiful backyard ceremony with the reception to follow at the Argyle Hall.


We were so lucky to sneak away from the reception with the couple to capture a few stunning sunset images.  

The night ended with hilarious speeches and stories shared amongst friends and family.  I have to admit that one of the highlights of the reception was when Brad sang a duet with the amazing and talented artist Jay Burns (www.jayhimself.com).

Thank you Becky and Brad for being such a beautiful and fun couple to spend such an amazing day with.
Congratulations!

My Favourite Photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment