Jennifer and Bill

I can't believe I have known Jen for almost 10 years.  We both share a love of animals, Tim Horton's coffee, and yes...........the need to watch "Vampire Diaries".  



I was so excited when Jennifer asked me to be her wedding photographer.  Over the years we've often talked about our ideas of "what our wedding day would be like."  I knew that she would be sharing this day with her friends and family and she would want everything to be perfect, and it was. 

Darlene and I arrived at the home of Bill's parents.  We were welcomed by their adorable dog, or small dark horse, known as Darth.  I am a huge Star Wars fan so I just thought this name was awesome!  Jen arrived shortly with her sister, Cathy, who helped her with all of the last minute touch ups before Bill arrived.
Bill and their adorable 5 year old son, Devin arrived looking stunning in their matching tuxedos.  One of my favourite moments of the day was when Devin came in to the room where Jen was getting ready.  She was wearing her tiara and fixing her hair.  Devin stood staring at her with the biggest smile on his face, his face spoke the words that everyone was thinking...........his mommy looked absolutely beautiful.
To be funny I said to him, "so Devin, does your mom where that tiara every day?"
He just looked at me a little puzzled and replied;
"no.................not EVERY day!
It was so cute!

 When it was time for Jen and Bill to officially see each other, we had Bill and Devin wait outside.  Jen came out smiling and was greeted with a big kiss from Bill as Devin rushed to carry her dress behind her.  He looked so proud, he was going to make a fine ring bearer.
Our first stop was to meet up with the rest of the wedding party at Harbour View.  It was so hot that when we pulled up we saw the bridesmaids waiting in the car and could hear the sounds of music and air-conditioning.  I was thrilled to see standing in the blazing sun............A Harley Davidson Motorcycle.  This photo shoot was going to be fun. I know how much both Jen and Bill love the Harley enterprise, in fact Jen's dog used to sport a pretty fancy HD pet collar.  







Our next session took place at the Terracon grounds.  As the weather grew warmer and warmer it was nice to be around a cool fountain and a few shady trees.  I was  thankful that no one decided to go for a quick swim....only the geese did.







I had such a great time meeting Jen and Bill's wedding party.  It was great to catch up with my old friends and to share in the laughter amongst Bill's groomsmen.  Despite the heat, everyone was still smiling and so great to work with.  Thank You!







Soon it was time for this couple to officially "tie-the-knot".  Their ceremony and reception were held
at the Transcona Country Club where I feel most of us who attended would agree, that was one of the most entertaining wedding ceremony's that I have ever seen.   As the couple shared their vows they also shared in jokes and bursts of laughter from the crowd.
The warm evening ended in a wonderful dinner, Bill wearing Jen's tiara, and constant entertainment from an never-ending supply of dancers made up of men, children, and even the bride herself.
I want to thank Jen and Bill for inviting me to share in their wonderful and momentous day.  It was so much fun catching up with old friends and meeting Jen and Bill's family.
I wish you both the very best and I hope you have a wonderful trip out to BC.






Congratulations!



No comments:

Post a Comment